"Fully Committed" - Mark 14:12-26
- Why do you think Mark included the details involved in securing a place to eat the Passover lamb right after he revealed Judas entering into an agreement to betray Jesus?
- In what way is this account like/unlike the provision of the donkey Jesus rode into Jerusalem? Mark 11: 1-6; 14: 12-16.
- What can we learn from these passages about Jesus and the working out of the plan of God? Man's involvement?
- Why is it significant that the disciples found it "just as He had told them"? In what way does this still apply today?
- Why do you think Jesus made it known to His disciples that He was to be betrayed by one of them? What do you think He was trying to do/not do by sharing this truth?
- Why do you think the disciples began to be grieved when they heard of the coming betrayal? If the reality of betrayal caused a grieving of the disciples how do you think the reality of betrayal affected Jesus emotionally?
- How did the disciples respond and why was the way they responded significant? What does it reveal about the disciples? How do you think you would have responded? Why?
- In verse 21 what does it mean "For the Son of Man is to go just as it is written of Him"?
- Why is it better for the man who betrays The Son of Man to have never been born?
- Is it fair to hold a person responsible for their part in fulfilling the prophecy of God? Why or why not? What does this tell us about our responsibility and accountability for our actions/decisions?
- In what way does Jesus use bread and wine as symbols? Symbols of what? What are we to do with these symbols and why?
- What does Jesus mean when He said "This is My blood of the covenant which is poured out for many"?
- In what way does the bread and the wine indicate Jesus full commitment to fulfilling the plan of salvation for each one of us?
- In what way is verse 25 a promise of reunion and hope? How can this truth encourage and strengthen us today?
- What have you learned from this passage and how are you going to live out what you learned this coming week?