"The Word of God" - June 17, 2018
- Why do you think this very clear and specific teaching on Scripture is included in a passage whose context contains warnings of difficult times for believers?
- In verse 14 what does Paul encourage Timothy to do? Why?
- What is the difference, if any, between learning something and being convinced of something?
- What does it mean to be convinced of something? How does one become convinced?
- What does it mean to be convinced of Scripture? Why is it important? How does this apply to what we find in Hebrews 11:6?
- What verses or passages of Scripture are you personally convinced of, and how did you become convinced? In what way has this changed the way you view life or live life?
- What does it mean that all Scripture is inspired by God? What is scripture and what "Scripture" do you think Paul is referring to?
- What does it mean that Scripture is profitable? Profitable for what? Check out Joshua 1:8 and Psalm 1: 1 – 3.
- In what way does God's Word, Scripture make one adequate, equipped for every good work? What are these good works Paul is talking about?
- What have you learned and have become convinced of, and what are you going to do with what you now know?