"The Word of God - POWER" - June 24, 2018
- In Ephesians 6:17 the passage has to do with spiritual warfare. In what way is the Word of God different from all the other pieces of armor? How is it different and why is that important?
- In Hebrews 4:12 the Word of God is characterized as what? Why do you think it is described this way?
- What does it mean that the Word of God is living and active? In what way is it living? How is it active? In what way is it sharp?
- What does it mean that the Word of God pierces as far as the division of soul and spirit? Joint and marrow? What is this imagery trying to help us understand about God's Word?
- In what way is the Word of God able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart? What role do you think the Holy Spirit of God plays in this?
- In Matthew 4:1-11 we have a real-life example of the Word of God being used to repel the attack of Satan. In what way did Jesus use the Word of God to deal with Satan's temptations?
- What were the temptations and why do you think Satan's chose these specific areas to tempt Jesus? What are the scriptures Jesus uses to deal with Satan and why do you think He chose them? (Check out their context)
- What does it mean that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God? How does this fit with 2 Timothy 3:16? Check out John 4:32 – 34.
- How can we live by every Word of God?
- In what way did Jesus demonstrate the need to hold fast to the Word of God especially when experiencing life challenges and need?
- In what way would God have us respond to Jesus example and apply the Word of God to our everyday lives? How does what we learned last week about hearing-reading-studying-memorizing-meditating on God's Word help/enable us to do that?
- How are you going to apply what you have learned from these passages?