Revelation 22:10-17, "Finish Line"
- What does it mean that Jesus is coming quickly? Why is it important that we know this and live like it? Check out 2 Peter 3: 3-9.
- What do you think the reward is that is referred to in verse 12? Why is it that we are reminded that there is reward? Who is it that receives the reward? Cross Reference 1 Cor. 3: 10 – 15.
- What does it mean that Jesus will render to every man according to what he has done? How does this fit with the gospel that rests on grace and not good works (Eph. 2: 8,9; Titus 3: 5,6). Discuss this verse in light of Matthew 24:14 – 30.
- What does it mean that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the first, the last, the beginning and the end? Compare this with what is revealed in John 1:1-5; 2 Peter 3:5-7.
- What does it mean in verse 14 to wash your robes? Check out Rev. 7:14. Why is this a blessing? In what way does this washing give us the right to the tree of life and to enter the gates of the city? What is this city?
- What is the invitation given in verse 17? In what way, given this is a book that reveals the judgment of God, does this invitation reveal the heart of God? Consider this in light of John 3:16; Isa. 55:1; 2 Peter 3:9.
- What have you learned and how would you apply it personally this coming week?