Our Statement of Faith
We the members of The Summit Church believe. . .
- The Bible to be the inspired and only inerrant authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and called the God head in the scriptures and that in the Lord Jesus Christ dwells all the fullness of the Godhead Bodily.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- Man is saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and His atoning death, evidenced by personal repentance from sin.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
Statement of Biblical Authority
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and inerrant Word of God, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of church doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Ministry Board is the church’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.